.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Thursday, December 08, 2005


Nina's birth story (in progress)
This pic was taken around 10:00 pm on November 1. Mom got into town at 1:00. I had been telling Nina that she had to wait that long. I went to a meeting with my friend Kevin. On the way there we drove down a bumpy road, and I was joking that it would make me go into labor. At the meeting I started having contractions. Just as I walked though the door at home, my amniotic fluid started to leak. I called the Jessie (our midwife) and she said we had a while and to call her if anything more happened (stronger, closer contractions or a gush of fluid). Though we were excited, we all went to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night the contractions got a bit stronger and I was vocalizing through them and resting in between (somehow Larry managed to sleep through it). By 6:00 am on the 2nd I was feeling it, so we decided that I should go vote. I had stubbornly refused to absentee or early vote. So we went to the polling place and got to the front of the line at 7:00 when they opened. By around noon My friends Rebecca and Kathy had arrived to help.

No comments: