.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

what have I gotten myself into?

Nina has been wanting a dollhouse for a while--my mom got her a nice one but it wasn't realistic enough for her--it was a lot like this, really nice. So we gave it to a friend and I recently bought a kit for a real victorian dollhouse on Craig's List. And now I have to figure out how to make this:

look like this:

Only I'll make some more interesting choices with the colors (this is one someone is selling online for 400$).

The one problem (besides the fact that I'm pretty scared to screw it up or that I won't get it done in time for her 5th birthday in November) is that I don't really have a place to work on it where she won't see it. Oh, and I'll be asking for advice on colors to paint the trim soon.

3 comments:

lao80 said...

I had one of those as a child. No one ever built it for me. It just sat in the box.

Ciria said...

Maybe you can craft a big box to put over it when you're not working on it...with a big blanket over it...on a big board, outside somewhere? Ok, maybe not...

Eve said...

Oh Lorien, it's so lovely! We just saw one like that in Ocean Beach for A THOUSAND DOLLARS! I've been a tom-boy all my life but I'm a sucker for anything mini...and dollhouses fit squarely in that category. Let me know if I can help put it together...that looks like tons of fun!