.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

mostly dead (it just feels that way)

Blog friends, if I still have any out there after I have ignored you so badly:
I have been sickitty sick. Like the kind of sick where sitting in a chair and staring at the walls takes too much effort. Sleeping for long parts of the day sick. Taking one step forward on the list and 5 steps back (which is especially frustrating because I was starting to win, and even though my head feels like it's stuffed with spaghetti, I'm still with it enough to know I've now got further to go than when I started). But not with it enough to type a coherent sentence, apparently.

Anyway, I coincidentally have a dr's appointment tomorrow anyway, so I will have him listen to my lungs (though I'm not sure they're there anymore, as I have been working hard to cough them up all day). And much to my mother's dismay said doctor will not likely want to test me for H1N1.

Also, a big shoutout to my sister, who cleaned the kitchen today--I've been managing to do some of the cooking still, and driving Nina to school, but not much else unless you count moving laundry to and from the washer and dryer but not actually folding any of it. The mere thought is exhausting. Now excuse me while I go pass out, I didn't manage to have a nap today and my head weighs approximately 800lbs. That's a lot of spaghetti.

4 comments:

k. said...

aww, lorien! I hope you feel better soon. I had pneumonia a couple of years ago and that is what it felt like, hacking up lungs and dead to the world for A MONTH before the dr. finally got it right. Good you have an appt. tomorrow. Take care, sending well wishes.

Elaine said...

You poor thing. Is there anything I can do? And yeah, I remember pneumonia feeling much like that. The good news is that pneumonia is totally treatable (usually) so if it is that, you'll be better soon!

enviromama said...

I really really hope you're feeling better soon. Do you want me to come over and fold some laundry? Or do something else to help out? I'll have the 2 younger rugrats with me, but I can still help somehow.

denise said...

oh lorien...so sorry! if it makes you feel better you are still a very clever writer and made me laugh while feeling sorry for you...hope you are back to your old self soon...