.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

A real L.A. experience
Nina and I got a call at 12:30 on Monday from the lady at the agency we're working with for Nina's "career." She wanted to know if we could make an audition (Baby Gap) at 3:00. So even though we had run around all morning, we threw a bunch of stuff into the car and sped off to LALA land. We made it in time, too...just. It was so surreal, we were there for about 10 minutes and it was all over, Nina smiles for and charms everyone--except the people who want to pay her to do it. She just stared at them, no smiles forthcoming. I just couldn't throw her back in the car, so I decided to get us some dinner. The pickins were slim, but we ended up having a decent meal (by which I mean it didn't make either of us sick and I didn't have to sell the car to pay for it). At the restaurant, I opened the door to the ladies' room, and there was a man with a very skimpy leopard-print skirt and matching top on. No big deal, but he decided to use the mens' room instead, despite my assurances that it was ok with me for him to be there. Then we were driving down Santa Monica and saw some professional girls with skirts so short, at least half their booties were hanging out. I've seen some short skirts before, but not like that. So even though we were only there for a total of maybe an hour, we definitely got our full L.A. experience, complete with nightmare traffic on the way home.

Nina didn't get the job, which is ok because I definitely had mixed emotions about her advertising a company I won't buy from.

No comments: