.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Real L.A. experience redux
We went to L.A. again yesterday, and had another authentic experience, though this time very different. First thing I noticed when I got off the highway was the Flynt publishing building. I know Larry Flynt isn't really Woody Harrelson, but I was intrigued anyway.

We went to an audition that had parts for babies as well as adults. The adults were there for a part which involved being athletic and specified that the people look really healthy. The men all looked healthy and fit, but the women--I swear if some of these women didn't get sustenance soon, they were going to pass out. They looked really hungry. Then in the bathroom I saw some actual healthy, fit looking women. I was tempted to tell them how good they looked in comparison, but my anthropological study was not complete enough; it might have been taken as an insult.

Then we walked around West Hollywood, looking for some sustenance ourselves. Those women had made me hungry just being in the room with them. Fancy, expensive furniture and Stella McCartney clothes could be had, but food, forget it. So we resorted to Ralph's, only unlike any Ralph's we have here in San Diego. It looked a lot like a fancy, small, independent store (though the food was the same, just less of it). And even the carts were chic and black. Alas, they had very little organic, so my dinner was cheese, crackers, and a jar of pickled okra.

As I lay in bed last night trying to sleep despite my cracked-out double espresso comedown, I was once again reminded of how happy I am to be who I am, where I am.

No comments: