.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

lughnasadh/lammas

As Wannabe Hippie pointed out, it is Lughnasadh/Lammas, so she posted a recipe for these spiral cookies.

I had help making them, as you can see

Here they are in the oven

This one was definitely ready for its closeup

And it turned out I had the perfect cooling rack for them


Now...anyone want to come over and help me eat the durned things?

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

Yours look way prettier than mine did. The girls helped me roll the dough too thin and then I didn't leave them in the freezer long enough so they got all smooshy when I cut them. Still tasted damn fine though.

PS Couldn't stand looking at the typo from my last comment, so I made it go away and replaced it with this one. Which makes me think of that old Foldger's commercial. "Let's see what happens."

veganmomma said...

those look fantastic, i thought about doing a vegan version today but never got around to it. maybe next year.

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oh you guys rock! Noah, Daddy and I ripped open a pack of "break it and bake it" cookie dough tonight. Sigh...

When I grow up, I wanna be a mom just like you guys!

(Oh, and the QUANTITY of cinnamony goodness in those looks AWESOME!)

sarah doow said...

They look yummy!

nch said...

I am coming over right now!

coco said...

the cookies look good....but oh boy that nina is just too delicious!!!!