What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007


As Wannabe Hippie pointed out, it is Lughnasadh/Lammas, so she posted a recipe for these spiral cookies.

I had help making them, as you can see

Here they are in the oven

This one was definitely ready for its closeup

And it turned out I had the perfect cooling rack for them

Now...anyone want to come over and help me eat the durned things?

Posted by Picasa


Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

Yours look way prettier than mine did. The girls helped me roll the dough too thin and then I didn't leave them in the freezer long enough so they got all smooshy when I cut them. Still tasted damn fine though.

PS Couldn't stand looking at the typo from my last comment, so I made it go away and replaced it with this one. Which makes me think of that old Foldger's commercial. "Let's see what happens."

veganmomma said...

those look fantastic, i thought about doing a vegan version today but never got around to it. maybe next year.

Karen C. said...

Oh you guys rock! Noah, Daddy and I ripped open a pack of "break it and bake it" cookie dough tonight. Sigh...

When I grow up, I wanna be a mom just like you guys!

(Oh, and the QUANTITY of cinnamony goodness in those looks AWESOME!)

doow said...

They look yummy!

knitja said...

I am coming over right now!

moonrise madness said...

the cookies look good....but oh boy that nina is just too delicious!!!!