.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

lazy gluten free pizza

As long as Fresh & Easy sends me coupons I'll keep shopping there--they have an ok organic section and one of the items they have is organic polenta in a tube. I'm not so keen on the stuff, but I discovered a quick, easy, and disappearing dinner to make with it. Just slice it as thinly as you can, top it, and then bake it in the oven til the cheese melts. Mini pizzas!

Here we have, from left to right, spinach and shitake for Larry, olive and shitake for me, and plain for Nina. We then topped them with shredded Dubliner cheddar and a slice each of beef thuringer from Whole Foods (it's not as photogenic at that point).

This is actually so easy that Nina made it for dinner for her and Larry tonight. I sliced up the polenta and greased the pan for her, and she put on the sauce, cheese, and thuringer all by herself (it was just for her and Larry so no fancy flavors).

1 comment:

enviromama said...

What a great idea; I'm keeping this in mind should I need to go gluten-free in a couple weeks. I'm doing dairy-free right now so I'd have to nix the cheese on mine too.