.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

enchanted afternoon

Nina and I had a date for lunch this afternoon with some friends who live at the beach. We had a nice, leisurely lunch of quesadillas and salad, then it was beach time!

What I love about taking Nina to the beach is that she just plays in the sand contentedly. Little did I know that having Theo along would mean that they would run down to the water together to fill up buckets and play so well together. We're talking about Nina here--to her, the water is way too cold and the waves way too scary. Yet with Theo there the waves were fun, something to run away from giggling instead of shrieking in fright. And she got all her clothes wet but never complained of the cold. Score!

I wish I had gotten pics of them running to the water together with buckets, wearing only their droopy underwear and sodden t-shirts. It was soooo precious. I'll have to settle for the memory and the pictures I took after we got them hosed off and dry.

He is a fantastically gorgeous child.

I feel like this pic is so representative of how much these two enjoy each other.

2 comments:

veganmomma said...

Such beautiful children. Nina and Theo are adorable! And awesome that they have become such good friends.

Unknown said...

Awwwww...I love your pictures! They also remind me how important the burrito towel wrap technique is.