.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Friday, September 15, 2006

On one of our rambles around Bristol, Nina and I had seen a cookery school that had a brasserie and a restaurant. We looked at the menu and decided to come back with papa and our friend Matthew (a colleague of Larry's). It was really nice, the food was lovely. But, my friends, what I want to tell you about was what they had for Nina. First of all, their high chairs were Stokke Tripp Trapp chairs, and not the older version, the brand spanking new one with a wooden rail and higher back for younger kids. The new american version has a plastic rail; why? Anyway, it was really nice. Also, instead of crayons, they brought a gorgeous set of wooden colored pencils and a coloring book. It definitely bought us some time.

Also, they had organic beer. It was really wonderful. In fact, almost everywhere I went in England had organic something or other, whether it was beer, milk, tea, or coffee, or something else random. At least it was available and I appreciated it. Often if the coffee wasn't organic, it was likely to be fair trade. So I had to drink a latte a day, right? Also, the drug store in the airport had rescue remedy, tea tree oil, and some homeopathics. I was surprised, happily so.

No comments: