.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

rat and mole

I love The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame, if you haven't read it, go ahead and at least check it out of the library. It's the story of a mole who befriends a river rat and their adventures together. Another character is Toad, on whom the Disney "wild" ride is based. Maybe it's just because I read it and listened to a dramatized version on the radio when I was little, but it holds a special place in my heart. A few years ago I found this beautifully illustrated (by Inga Moore) version on a bargain table in a bookstore and snapped it up. Much to my delight, it has become the first book that Nina and I are reading together as a chapter book, a few pages at a time. It's long and it has chapters and she really seems to be following along. I have to find that version I listened to when I was little now, it was wonderful.

No comments: