.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Monday, January 05, 2009

chenille...

If you knit, you probably know what I'm going to say. If not, read on.

I knit a lovely poncho for Nina and when Franki was here the last time she told me that she loves ponchos too. So I offered to knit her one, which I did right away and had it finished within a week or two. But then I decided I didn't like it and unraveled the whole thing. I've been trying to get rid of or knit up all the yarn I have so that I only have/buy yarn that has a specific project as its destiny, and in the process of taking stock I found the perfect yarn in my stash, red chenille that I plied with a lace weight red rayon boucle. It's gorgeous, as you can see.

Buuuuut...chenille has the tendency to "worm" which is when the yarn forms loops and "worms" after you knit it. So while it was completely perfect as I was knitting it, it looks like this now:

So, Franki: the question is really whether or not you can live with it like that. If not, I'll find another yarn. If you don't mind it, then I'll pop it right in the mail for you. Not to put you on the spot or anything.

2 comments:

lao80 said...

I don't think it's that easy to notice.

Sooo, if I tell you I like these (http://a-friend-to-knit-with.blogspot.com/2008/09/toasttoasty.html) The ones w/out the finger hole.....will that inspire you to make them for me?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do not know how to knit. However, I would like to learn. What do you suggest? books? videos? anything? thanks!