.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

reusable bag love

I have been using canvas bags for grocery shopping for years now, randomly accumulating bags here and there and they are usually a jumble in a bigger bag that I take to the store with me. Cashiers were willing to use them, but grudgingly, it seemed. But while in England I discovered the Sainsbury's Jute bag...for one pound each (about 2$). So I bought about 6 of them and they slide so neatly into a larger bag which I tote to stores. And seriously, I get MAD respect for the bag. Not just from the hipster/hippie cashiers at Whole Foods either. At Target. And Big Lots. People EVERYWHERE compliment my bags. I guess looks are everything, after all. Environmentalism just needs to get sexy. Oh wait, it has, did you hear about the I'm Not a Plastic Bag craziness?

No comments: