.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

hold on tight

Larry is going to England for a week, and I'm a bit freaked out (and jealous, I wanted all of us to go but it's too far to go for just a week right now and then there's the money...).

It's not whether or not I can do it or not, I know I can, it's how well I can do it and be a good mom, and get enough sleep, etc. Mostly I'm worried about being as wonderful to Nina as she really deserves. I worry about that all the time, of course, but it's easier when you have someone to tag in at regular intervals. We will keep busy, we have a birthday party Saturday, zoo passes we can utilize, hiking trails that we can take advantage of, and our regular everyday stuff that we do. My mom has promised to help, there is school, which I can extend if necessary. It's mostly the evenings I'm worried about but we can take walks, watch movies, etc. I just found March of the Penguins on the Netflix on demand site, yippeeee! And we own the Planet Earth set and haven't watched any in a while. We will be fine. I'm pretty sure.

Notice how I use this pic when I'm talking about difficult stuff? It just seems to perfectly illustrate how I'm feeling sometimes. Wannabe Hippie took it, she's brilliant like that.

4 comments:

enviromama said...

You'll do great Lorien, especially if your mom can come give you a breather when you need it. I'm not too far away if you feel your sanity is in trouble; just let me know if you need anything!

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

I hate to say it but when my DH leaves for 2+ days we get into a groove that is almost "easier" than when he is here - go figure!

You are always welcome here for a break! Plus we have guest passes to the Quail Botanical gardens

Anonymous said...

Take it from someone who does this all the freaking time: you'll be fine. There are certainly times when it doesn't seem that could possibly be true but it all pans out in the end and you feel stronger for it.

Mark leaves Sunday. You and me, we should get together. There's strength in numbers, yo.

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean about wanting to be as wonderful to Nina as she deserves - that is a really brilliant way to say that. That is what I think about most when Halle is gone, too. Because there are days where no one in their right mind would categorize my mothering as wonderful! But we do the best we can. When Halle was gone for so long I started doing Friday night "Happy Hours" where I would take a bath with a glass of wine. It really helped me stay relaxed and get some down time from mommyhood. You are such a great mama, and Nina is such a great kid - I hope you guys have a special week together.