.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

gruelling trip


As you probably know, we are spending the next three months in Bristol, UK. I am so glad I have been blogging, as it's a great way to chronicle our experiences as temporary expats.

None of us really slept on the way here, the flight to cincinnati was uneventful (I watched "Man of the Year" and was thoroughly unimpressed).

The flight to London, however, was really hard. Nina has had a cold and cough, so that might have contributed to her difficulty in sleeping. At any rate, she only slept about 3 hours of the overnight flight, so none of us slept more than that. Then we had to get on the train and then change trains with 5 big bags, a stroller, and our carry-on luggage. It wasn't so fun. But as trips go, it could have been worse, we had no trouble getting through security and the flight attendants were all very sweet.

Nina finally fell asleep in the 5 minute taxi ride from the train station to our apartment (I'm not sure I'll ever be able to call it a flat). It was amazing, one minute she was sitting up talking to me and the next she was flopping back and I had to catch her.

I decided to try to help Larry get the luggage in to the apartment, so I put her down on the floor in the lobby; she just kept on sleeping, so I couldn't resist taking a picture of her.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Poor Monkey! Although yeah, I would have been all over that photo op!

Celena said...

What a world traveler you are. I'm so envious! Hope you enjoy your stay and make sure to post lots of pictures.