.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Monday, February 12, 2007

scones

I made these maple pecan scones to take to a friend's house the other day.

4 cups flour (I used 2 cups whole wheat and 2 cups white)
3/4 cup coconut oil, in slightly solid state--should resemble butter, in pieces (if you use butter, cut it into 1 tablespoon chunks. The coconut oil should be similar)
1 cup granulated maple syrup
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pumpkin pie spice
dash salt
1 cup pecans, chopped (I do it in the food processor)
1 cup cold milk--I used soy to make it vegan

Combine all ing. except milk in food processor and process until mixture climbs up the walls of bowl. Turn into another bowl and add milk, mixing with hands until dough holds together and can be rolled out. Roll out (on bed of flour to avoid sticking) and cut into pie wedges or use a biscuit cutter. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until cooked (I like them a bit crispy, so I bake until browned).

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look great - I think I'll try them next week.

enviromama said...

Mmmmm, they look and sound delicious.

Celena said...

Yummy!

Celena said...

Yummy!