.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

lasagne

I love cooking with collard greens; I find that I can hide them in food and my family is none the wiser. They don't seem to have a strong taste to me, though I've heard people complain about it.

After I chiffonade the greens I put them in the food processor with the cheese layer for lasagne. I use cottage cheese because I don't care for store bought ricotta, and an egg or two. After a minute or two in the food processor, it turns out nice and smooth.

What a wonderful treat. We have been eating outside most nights, it's a real luxury. Though it's mostly shady in the afternoon, the back yard gets some fading sun(set)light at dinnertime that is fantastic for taking pictures.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so need a food processor! That looks great!

Anonymous said...

I'm asking for a full size food processor for my bday! I love greens, too. Collards, Mustard, Kale and Chard's my fav. very easy to grow in SD. Great idea for lasagna!