.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

cirque bijou

Friday night we went to see Cirque Bijou's performance of Sequins and Sawdust; it was like Cirque du Soleil on a much smaller scale. While some of the stunts weren't as spectaular as Cirque du Soleil, it was still a fantastic experience because we got to sit a few feet away from the stage and see everything. The show featured a professional crew supplemented with second year theater students. How cool! Some of the tricks and stunts were absolutely breathtaking.

If I had it to do over again I would get Nina some earplugs; do they make them that small? They must, I've seen pics of Apple Martin at Coldplay concerts and they must be using something on her. Anyway, I ended up sitting with my hands cupped over Nina's ears for most of the show. She seemed scared sometimes when something sudden or loud would happen but mostly just stared wide-eyed, smiling and clapping and whenever asked said she was having fun and didn't want to go home.

The show started at 7:30 pm; I am pretty sure Nina was the only one there in her pajamas.

We left at intermission; it was only a five-minute walk home.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: