.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

conversation

me: ok, I would like you to (insert unreasonable task like eat dinner or put shoes on) now
her: no way, and you can't make me unless you totally forsake all of your parenting principles and give me a good old smack
me: don't think I'm not tempted
her: or bribery, I seem to recall that you've resorted to that one a bit recently, Alfie Cohn would be so disappointed in you
me: well, he's not here, is he?
her: whatever. I'm not going to do what you want, oh hey, I've got a great idea! why don't I do it so slowly that I make you want to shove an ice pick in your eye?
me: you picked up on that one, did you?
her: I'm still not going to do what you want; what are you, my mother?
me: umm, yeah, I guess I am, which is why I'm glad this is an internal dialogue

3 comments:

Celena said...

OMG! That has been my life lately. I've considered moving out to the shed until we're past this phase and letting the men of the house figure it all out. Try throwing another one into the mix while dealing with the terrible two's. Talk about losing your marbles! I sometimes wonder if i'm going to have any sanity left once this thing called childhood is over with.

Elaine said...

Most brilliant post, EVER. It's like you climbed into my brain.

And I got your card today. Totally adore you.

coco said...

is nina invoking me? heeheehee... seems like it, huh? good for you nina, making your mom want to shove sharp objects into her eye is a wonderful talent that will serve you for years to come!!! (sorry lorien...i couldn't resist!)