.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

so sweet

Nina used to fall asleep in my arms in the glider all the time. Both Larry and I have spent nights in it reclined with a fussy baby. But that was years ago now and I have to admit I miss it. She has a bit of a cold right now and is willing to let me cuddle her more than when she is well. So when she started to look sleepy I started rocking away, her coltish legs folded up all around me, and soon enough sleep overtook her while I whispered sweet nothings in her ear. Amazing.

2 comments:

veganmomma said...

aw, that is too sweet.

Anonymous said...

Anya still lets me get away with that kind of thing and I love it. And when Lily is hurt she'll let me cuddle her, too. Is it wrong that I sometimes hope she gets hurt just so I can get me some snuggles? Crap, that sounds way too much like munchausen by proxy. Must stop it.