.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It is a long way up some very steep slate steps to the castle; I had Nina in the Ergo Baby Carrier (the best baby carrier/backpack I have ever used) and she slept the whole way up.

There are many ruins from many different eras; the island has been inhabited on and off for a long time.

I can't imagine being given as a teenaged bride to an old man and being brought here to this desolate place. If it was this cold and windy in the late spring, I can only imagine what it's like in the winter.

But as an afternoon visit it is breathtaking, powerful, spiritual.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: