.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

there's a pox on our house

Only the chicken kind. I'm glad Nina is getting it young, I had it when I was 19 and was so sick. She started out with two spots that looked like scratched bug bites on Wednesday afternoon and then woke up with a full-blown case on Thursday morning.

She's been taking it pretty well, not acting sick or bothered except at bed time when she's not disctracted, then she's been pretty miserable (I finally gave her a chewable benadryl last night and she was able to sleep from 11:30 to 6:30). Thursday afternoon I decided to take her outside and get some sun (I've later found out that's the exact wrong thing to do, but I didn't know at the time). The below isn't best pic of her pox but I posted it here because she is super scared of bugs and would have been flipped out that there was one on her back, but she didn't notice it.

I decided to let her use our big camera; she's totally a pro now.

This is my favorite of the pics she took.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

lao80 said...

Good luck Nina and Mommy.

Thanks for the lollipops.