.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

carbon & carbide building

Remember when I told you that I got to see my favorite building in Chicago? Well, here it is, the Carbon & Carbide Building.

I used to be so sad when I walked by it because the windows were all boarded up or broken out and it was in bad shape, I was sure it was destined for the dustbin. But I was so happy to see that it has been made into a Hard Rock Hotel (not because I love the hotels, I've stayed in one and it was no more or less special than others but because this beautiful building is safe now!).

You can even see the new Trump Tower under construction in the background of one of the pictures.

No comments: