.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Prelude to a Kiss


I know this is a bit late, but I have to talk about last Saturday night; I was pampered royally. My first stop after I left the family at home was my friend Mim's house for an informal (but nourishing in more ways than the food) seder. Her whole family is delightful; she is an amazing soul, her husband is interesting and engaging, and her son (5 years old) is bright and sweet. It was a little odd going to a seder without my family, but I had a really relaxing time.

Then I headed up to New Village Arts Theatre in Carlsbad. I'm not much of a theatre goer; suspension of disbelief isn't easy for me. But my lovely friend Elaine is the managing director and asked me if I was interested in coming for opening night of Prelude to a Kiss. I was dog tired and not really in the mood, but I had said I would come and was already out of the house sans family. I am so glad I did, it was easily the best small theatre experience I have ever had and up there with big productions I have seen on broadway and in other big cities. I had considered sneaking out at intermission but was compelled to stay.

The actors were spot-on, the male lead has amazing comedic timing, the cast is just superb. The set is mininmalist but just right for every scene. It is also not a super long play, which probably helped, but I will definitely be going to more performances at New Village Arts. You should definitely check it out if you can.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I'm so glad you had a good time (despite your fatigue)!

Hope you come again, and next time with Larry!