.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

friday--267 miles

Friday I left Nina at my mom's house and drove to Bangor to see my friend Shyla, who I've been friends with since we were 5 years old (we met at a David Mallett concert). She has just started grad school at The University of Maine, where we both got our bachelor's degrees. We walked around campus and talked...and talked some more. It was so nice to be able to just hang out. Oh, and we did do some shopping at Marden's, which is kind of like Big Lots or GTM, but HUGE and less food. It was a nice, relaxing day and I didn't get back until the evening so my mom took Nina with her to a party on Peaks Island.

Our plan was to go to the Common Ground Fair on Saturday and I had been fretting about how to carry Nina's backpack and some water so I went to the LL Bean outlet in Freeport to see if I could find a solution. And I did! I got a lumbar pack that fits the Ergo, a few personal items, and two water bottles. Perfect. I can wear the Ergo on the back and the lumbar pack on either the front or back. It's almost identical to this one but was on sale for 20$.

No comments: