.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

you can say I told you so

Tomorrow Larry and Nina are going to Florida for almost a week, which I have been looking forward to; it's my birthday gift. People keep asking me what I'm going to do, to which I have been replying "Whatever I want!" with glee. The truth is that I plan to do some much needed things like clean the garage, blog about stuff I have missed, update and spiff up my Etsy shop, etc.

I'm kinda freaking out a little now that it's down to the wire; Nina has never been away from me for longer than over night and I know I will miss her and worry intensely about her. It's kind of the way I deal, I'm totally calm, even indifferent, until the last minute, at which point I start to freak out. It'll be ok, right? I know I'll enjoy the freedom but I'll also be a little sad.

2 comments:

ellie said...

Yes it will be OK.

Sometimes a little sad is cleansing. Or something.

Barry is going away for a week on Saturday and I feel the same way - looking forward to it, but a little sad. I'm not used to sleeping apart from him.

Have a fun birthday : )

Anonymous said...

As a SAHM we all need breathers - and when you reunite in a week you will feel like a new person - enjoy!!