.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

a favorite spring/summer meal

I made one of my favorite spring/summer meals tonight for dinner, stuffed patty pan squash. To make it gluten free, I used some cooked brown rice I had in the fridge. And since I was out of lemons, I thought it would be a nice time to try the preserved lemons* I have had sitting around on the counter for about a month and a half. I used the rind of half a lemon and it imparted a little hint of lemony flavor; I think next time I would use two halves (you don't use the pith and fruit).

*Here are a couple of recipes for making preserved lemons:
Simply recipes
RecipeSource
and one more for good measure:
The Perfect Pantry

I believe I used the one from RecipeSource loosely

No comments: