.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

oh the flowers...

I am always amazed at how gorgeous fuschias are. The sepals one color, then the Chinese lantern opens and it's a whole other color.

The purple is so velvety and then the stamen and pistil are pink. Breathtaking. They tend to be cool weather plants (shrubs, actually) so I may bring it in soon. Right now it is sitting in the shade of my dwarf navel orange tree, which may turn out to be an ok place for it.

And foxgloves. They're so amazing to me, I don't know why; this is the first time I've ever tried to grow them, though. So far, so good, and they're supposed to be perennial.

The pink! And the deep red spots with white margins. And there are so many of them on one stalk. Swoon.

3 comments:

materjabber said...

Your new camera takes some amazing pictures.

Anonymous said...

Parker says to tell you your flowers are beautiful. And I was impressed with all the fancy pants flower-parts names that you knew.

lola coca-cola said...

Well, I am a plant nerd...