.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

wentworth puzzles

Our anniversary isn't for a couple of weeks now but Larry thought ahead and ordered my present early (wow!). And it came sooner than he expected so he insisted that I open it right away.

Ever since a friend gave us one as a hostess gift about 5 years ago I have been enchanted with Wentworth puzzles. I have 5 or 6 of them now, most bought by Larry. They are devilishly hard, with edges sometimes masquerading as insides and vice versa. And corners are almost never straightforward. But the best thing of all is that they have "whimsies" which were a feature of Victorian puzzles but hadn't really been used since then until this company brought them back. You can see that I've removed an umbrella whimsy from the middle top of this puzzle to show you. Pretty cool, huh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. That is insanely cool.