.

What is wilson silverleaf? We're organitarians; it's best for our bodies and the planet. We cloth diapered Nina for the same reason. We drive a hybrid car & wish we could afford solar panels on our house. I'm a strong advocate for homebirth, full-time mom, & also a movie junkie. We don't have a tv though; we watch dvds on our computer. We love contradancing. I garden & knit; Larry's a puzzle lover & plays fantasy football.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

catching up...

Which I usually do on the weekends but I was totally involved in a knitting project (pic to come).

So on Sunday the 4th there was a street fair in Takoma Park so we took the train over (it's only one stop). For a couple of weeks Nina had been pestering me to try to get to the first car of the train to sit behind the driver (conductor?) and I had been putting her off. Finally with Larry around we made it. And of course Nina was right, it was super cool to see the driver and the tracks in front of us.

I try more often now to get to the front; the other day the driver waved and said hi to Nina when we got off. Definitely worth the little bit of extra effort.

The street fair was fun, too, lots of cool vendors (the local co-op was giving away lots of sample freebies, I love that). I got my mom a cool nautilus fossil for her birthday (which is today so it doesn't ruin the surprise).

No comments: